Virginia Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) is the catalyst for neighborhood and resident inspired transformation.
Place-Based Partner-Focused Resident-Driven
2017 Vision Statement
A regional leader, Virginia LISC fosters successful neighborhood transformations and influences public policy that supports community development.
Key to this work is strategic, financial community development investments; support for sustainable local businesses that anchor the neighborhoods; and our proven, assessment-based neighborhood investment model.
Virginia LISC helps neighbors build strong communities through these goals:
- Grow regional resources and partnerships to respond to relevant community needs
- Increase neighborhood successes for long term sustainability
- Create new opportunities for engagement and investment
Virginia LISC Strategic Plan
Virginia LISC mobilizes corporate, government and philanthropic support to provide local community development organizations with:
- Loans, grants and equity investments
- Project development technical assistance
- Managerial consulting services
- Local, statewide and national policy support
In collaboration with local community development groups, Virginia LISC staff helps identify priorities and challenges, delivering the most appropriate support to meet local needs.
Virginia LISC is creating neighborhoods of choice and opportunity by:
- Investing strategically in housing, retail, childcare centers and other neighborhood assets
- Increasing family income and wealth
- Stimulating economic development
- Improving access to quality education
- Supporting healthy neighborhood environments and lifestyles