Monday, September 21, 2020 – Monday, October 5, 2020 (11:59pm EST)
- Small, women and/or minority-owned businesses
- Richmond region based for profit, non-profit or franchise (locally owned) business
- In operation for 2 years or more
- 2 to 100 employees
- Suffered a negative economic impact from COVID-19 or social justice demonstrations
- Must have a brick and mortar location
- Must have at least $50,000 but no more than $2 million in annual gross revenues
- Must be able to demonstrate at least a 25% loss in revenue that can be attributed to COVID-19 or the social justice demonstrations
What are eligible uses of the We Care RVA Rebuild Project funding for businesses?
- Employee compensation (including wages and benefits)
- Working capital
- Equipment Inventory
- Rent/ mortgage
- Other business-critical operating expenses
- Insurance deductibles or denied claims
What are the key program deadlines?
Launch Date: Thursday, August 27, 2020
Application Open Date: Monday, September 21, 2020
Application Deadline: Monday, October 5, 2020 at 11:59pm EST
Grant recipients notified: Thursday, October 15, 2020
What supporting documentation is required?
- Copy of most recent filed tax returns or Form 990
- IRS W-9
- A financial statement of impact
Will all eligible small businesses receive funding, or is this a competitive process?
All funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those that meet the eligibility requirements. It is anticipated that each eligible small business will receive a grant ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 to help offset the negative impacts of COVID-19 and the social justice demonstrations on their operations.
Is a business owner considered an employee? Yes
Do 1099 or contract employees qualify as employees? Yes
How will I know my application has been received? You will be notified by email.
If I have received funds from the Small Business Administration from the Paycheck Protection Program or the Emergency Injury Disaster Loan program, can I still be eligible for the We Care RVA Rebuild Fund? Yes
Grant recipients will receive: Micro grant valued at $2,500 – $10,000
Interested in applying for the grant? Complete the form below and we will email you the grant application when the application period opens, Monday, September 21st.
Request the grant application HERE (to be received on September 21st)
Contact Melody Short at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the We Care Rebuild RVA Project