Monday, September 21, 2020 – Monday, October 5, 2020 (11:59pm EST)
- Small, women and/or minority-owned businesses
- Richmond region based for profit, non-profit or franchise (locally owned) business
- In operation for 2 years or more
- 2 to 100 employees
- Suffered a negative economic impact from COVID-19 or social justice demonstrations
- Must have a brick and mortar location
- Must have at least $50,000 but no more than $2 million in annual gross revenues
- Must be able to demonstrate at least a 25% loss in revenue that can be attributed to COVID-19 or the social justice demonstrations
What are eligible uses of the We Care RVA Rebuild Project funding for businesses?
- Employee compensation (including wages and benefits)
- Working capital
- Equipment Inventory
- Rent/ mortgage
- Other business-critical operating expenses
- Insurance deductibles or denied claims
What are the key program deadlines?
Launch Date: Thursday, August 27, 2020
Application Open Date: Monday, September 21, 2020
Application Deadline: Monday, October 5, 2020 at 11:59pm EST
Grant recipients notified: Thursday, October 15, 2020
What supporting documentation is required?
- Copy of most recent filed tax returns or Form 990
- IRS W-9
- A financial statement of impact
Will all eligible small businesses receive funding, or is this a competitive process?
All funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those that meet the eligibility requirements. It is anticipated that each eligible small business will receive a grant ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 to help offset the negative impacts of COVID-19 and the social justice demonstrations on their operations.
Is a business owner considered an employee? Yes
Do 1099 or contract employees qualify as employees? Yes
How will I know my application has been received? You will be notified by email.
If I have received funds from the Small Business Administration from the Paycheck Protection Program or the Emergency Injury Disaster Loan program, can I still be eligible for the We Care RVA Rebuild Fund? Yes
Grant recipients will receive: Micro grant valued at $2,500 – $10,000
Contact Melody Short at email@example.com with questions regarding the We Care RVA Rebuild Project